Monday, July 31, 2006

Housing Update

So here's a picture of the garden area. The squared off area is ripe with lettuce, spinach, and other greens. And to the right of that is a horse radish plant and a fennel plant that might be dead. Just to the left of the brick pathway is a rhubarb plant (one that already here), plus two other ones that I brought with me from Tulsa.

Here's a picture of Juliana in our hammock tree swing thing. I shimmied up the tree and looped it around. (But before that I stood on the ground and loop a rock, with the rope tied around it, up into the air, again and again. The shimmying method worked better.

Here's a picture of us enjoying the cool 83 degree air that our new Window Unit is providing for us.

And finally, here's a picture of the box springs we built last night.

Since we've settled in, I've been finding all sorts of deals online with new bank accounts and credit cards - and applying for some of them, but I think this house has jacked up my credit and I've been declined, in so many words. Bummer. Juliana just said that this makes me sound like a little bit of freak, but if you're interested in knowing how to make a cool $100 on a Target gift card, you might just want to check in with me. (Yes, I'm turning into Juliana's dad, for those of you who know him!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Your place is looking great! I love the hammock chair, the garden space, and the AC unit too! So excited to see you and your new house - soon!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home