Monday, July 10, 2006

Big Time Catch Up!

Well, it's been months since I've last posted and they have been some crazy months! We've leaving Tulsa and moving up to St. Paul, Minnesota, as many of you know. In the middle of June, we went up to St. Paul to find a place to rent for the 3 years we'll be there. After looking for 2 days, we realized that with rent being what it was, we might as well buy a house a safe some money, or at least that's the plan.

So we made an offer on a house in Frogtown, and we're closing on the 25th of July. More pictures and details to follow.

Being up in St. Paul was great, as we got to see some family and start to learn more about the city.

Being in Fort Collins has been incredible. Juliana's mom came out for part of the time, and we had a fantastic trip up Trail Ridge Road, and a good meal at Coopersmiths. It was really nice for Juliana's mom to meet my family and parents - that was the first time they've met. Other than figuring out all the house stuff (doing a FSBO on the Tulsa house and taking care of the all the logistics for the St. Paul house), it's been relaxing.

Dad and I had some crazy cribbage championships and I ended up on top, 6-3. We started to play at 5 cents a point, but they moved to playing for 2 or 3 lottery tickets, which was super fun. The way I see it, the Schroeder Rankings might be

1) Sierra
2) Justin
3) Dad...

Laurel and Freddy made it out here, too, which was fantastic - they are so much fun, and we got some good Badminton playing in.

On Saturday, we went and hung out with some old highschool buddies, did some grilling, and enjoyed catching up.

Today is our last day here and we've got a late flight from DIA. We hiked around the Poudre River today and just chilled out. It was relaxing and fun.

I'm getting excited about seeing more of Bruno, Nator, and Karen, and doing some family reunion action on the North Shore later in August.

I'll catch you all up on other happenings soon...I'm hoping to post more often and share this link with other friends and family, so people can stay in the loop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

It was a really great visit, but just to clarify one thing - if we had time to play more games of cribbage I just KNOW I could change those rankings... But for now they can stand. (Just wait til August!)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Nate said...

Sounds like a blast, I'm sad K & I couldn't make it out there... Ah well, always the North Shore in a month.

As for cribbage rankings, Sierra participated in a tournament at the town she was in for the 4th (I forget where) and came in 4th out of over 30 people - and won $12! So... If that's not the big time, I don't know what is.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home