Sunday, January 22, 2006

Family Gathering in Chicago




As I type this, I suspect that Nathan's still driving back to St. Paul, and perhaps mom and dad and Quentin are in the air (they had a long delay at Ohare.) I'm done studying and writing (at least for now, but maybe for the night - I already did 3 short papers, isn't that enough?!).

It was great to see you all...

Some memories: I enjoyed playing the slot machine, although I feel destined to be forever a loser. Juliana, as you can see by this picture, is not a loser! The funniest part of the whole thing was when Grandma starting giving us back our money, because she "couldn't take all that from us!!!" Grandpa was disgusted, but she gave us all back a dollar!

I love the smell of Grandma and Grandpa's house; it has this particular smell that I can't quite identify as anything other than G and G's house.

I also love it that Juliana came down from T-town to meet my grandparents. She handled Grandma like an old pro and I think both of them loved her! She deftly handled Grandma's questions and at one point, asked Grandma, "Where did you neck when you were young?!" Grandma confessed that she necked out in the hallway of the dorm (in fact, I think mom said the same thing!) Anyway, it was stellar to have Juliana there, even if she was fighting a cold and feeling stressed with work stuff.

So - I love you all - thanks for the laughter, tears, beers, pool games, snow walks (JJ), and more...it was good times!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Amen, brother! I mean son! Good for Juliana to have done so well with my mom. I know it can be a challenge. It was great that she came, and we were all together (except K...). Here's to family and more good times to come!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home