Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Cribbage Victory!

I realize this entry may not be relevant to many people, but I think that it's important to document a recent cribbage game I had with dad. After being behind 10 to 15 points for the entire game, I turned it on on 4th street and won, leaving dad in the stink hole! Not that I'm paying much attention - the point, after all, is just to have fun!
(But I tell you what, I have a lot of fun when I win and dad's in the stink hole!)

Yesterday, we all went snowshoeing at Rocky Mountain National Park. It was beautiful weather and the hiking was great. We were a group of 11 and often broke into smaller groups of 4 or 5. I tried to imagine what it would be like to be solo - to spend a day and a night out there alone, hiking, camping, just you and the great wild cold. I'm sure there are people who snow camp and I wonder what that's like. Do all your thoughts begin to revolve around warm and food and fire? Do you slowly forget about the internets, the mundane trouble you're having, the book you're been reading? Do you have a heightened sense of what it means to be alive when you're facing an indifferent wind and dropping temperatures?

These thoughts crossed my mind...and then slowly left. I kept hiking, eating snack mix, and enjoying the scenery.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

Ah, yes. But I did end the visit with a satisfying victory! But most important were the good times we all had together. What a super family reunion, welcome back Sierra, Christmas celebration!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home