Monday, March 27, 2006

UUU



Well - after a day at the coffeeshop, I've prepared an agenda for a 6pm meeting tonight, prepared material for a 7pm meeting tomorrow night, ordered Settlers of Catan (yes!) and done extensive Unicycle research. There's all sorts of important things to consider - seat comfort, wheel size, weight, prize, etc. I surfed around for a while, reading, bookmarking, etc. I even called a couple of places in Tulsa, but no one around here seems to have much in the way of Unicycles, so I resumed my online search.

I got one with a 26" wheel size which means it will be harder to learn on - but not impossible - and then better for actual transportation around. (I plan to get some Unicycle snow tires for the St. Paul experience!).


After a bit of practice I anticipate being able to do this!

Now..for a helmet and some kneepads...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Zang! Dude, that's sweet - and even sweeter when you bust out the snow tire! :)

... but yeah, get a helmet at least. Kneepads - I can't quite visualize a fall that would put you on your knees? Hmm. Isn't the theory that in the event of over/under-balancing you'll just be carried forward or backwards but stay essentially upright? I guess I don't know.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

I remember Walt (Josh) having a unicycle way back in the day. I tried it and no way! Good luck, but I'm sure you can master it!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home