Monday, November 13, 2006

Rolling into the holidays...

Christmas stuff is everywhere and it's sorta ridiculous, I have to say. It's not just holiday stuff this year, but Christmas stuff. Just a quick little rant. It's like Thanksgiving - a time to reflect and be thankful, and pause from buying stuff - just got wiped off the radar.

I haven't posted in a while, so I do apologize to all my faithful readers! (all 3 of you!). I've been on the road quite a bit lately - in San Diego for a UUA Round Table presentation on Young Adult and Campus Ministry, and then in Chicago for an Internship Conference, and then at Pere Marquette, in Southern Illinois, for a minister's study group. The internship is half over and has been great so far. I had the chance to preach a short homily on Nov. 5 and that went well and I'm really enjoying all that I'm learning, too.

Partly because of all the traveling, I've had the chance to do some reading and I can recommend: Appetites, by Caroline Knapp, Stiff, by Mary Roach, and Lincoln at Gettysburg, by Gary Wills. I bonded with Laurel over Stiff, when I visited her and Freddy in Chicago. I also got to see Band Geeks, which was shockingly disgusting and funny all at the same time. I just saw Borat which gets about the same review: shockingly disgusting and funny. It was really good to see Laurel and Freddy and their digs. I liked hanging out with my sis. And of course, the time with the grandparents was really good, too.

Laurel and I got to talking about finances while I was out there, so I want share some of the websites that I find very helpful/informative:

www.mymoneyblog.com
www.fool.com.

I'm off to pick up JJ who's coming back from a long weekend of visiting her sister.

love,
j

2 Comments:

Blogger Q Schroe said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well these days. I haven't heard muh from you lately, so it's nice to have a little blog action every now and then to keep myself up to speed a little bit. Keep it up! I enjoy reading about what you're up to!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Yeah, you have been on the road a lot. Seems like even more than when you were in Tulsa. But they all sound like great trips and meeting lots of good folks, so that's good. I'll have to check out the two financial websites - thanks for the tips. It's always good to know what others find useful. And you know I am always interested in finance matters! Say hi to Juliana.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home