Thursday, May 10, 2007

Guess who's graduating?

Hello avid readers! I know you've all been waiting with baited breath for the news....and the news is that I'm really truly graduating on June 3 from Meadville Lombard Seminary! Yippee. Truth be told, I didn't even know the date until earlier this week and I wasn't even planning to go. But it's been five years of school and a couple of different states as I've pursued my Masters of Divinity, so Juliana and I rented a car from our neighborhood Enterprise Rent A Car, and we're going to blast down there on the morning of June 3. The ceremony is at 3pm in the afternoon, so we'll leave early on the 3rd. I've got a wedding the night before, otherwise we'd leave then. I'm hoping to do a little visiting with Laurel and Freddie and even grandma and grandpa. For a while I didn't even know if I'd want to go to my own graduation, but then the spirit seized me and it became clear that that's what I needed/wanted to do....it does meaning something.

The funny thing of this is that because i wasn't up on the date, Juliana's mom will be town, because Juliana's having a wedding shower on June 2. So maybe her mom will drive down with us.

I really can't believe I'm graduating. It actually feels really good. I'm not sure how edujamacated I am, but it does feel good. It's funny, though, because I feel like I've been doing ministry for at least 4 years....

In other news, our July Honeymoon plans have all come together. We'll be heading out to glacier national park after our wedding. We've set July 5-15 as the dates for that. Then, we'll come back and fly to out New York on the 18th. Then down to DC for a wedding on July 21 for a good friend. Then out to the outer banks of North Carolina from July 22 to July 31. Yippee! A whole month of relaxation.

That's the word from rain barrel central.

Here's a cute picture of my niece.


4 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Wow, congrats on graduating! Although, like you, I kind of feel like you've been doing the work already for years - but it's nice to have it official and validated. Way to go!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Ditto on the congrats! It'll be nice to make it official. Your honeymoon plans sound wonderful. I've never been to Glacier NP, lucky you!

11:01 AM  
Blogger mps said...

Congrats from me too! It's nice that it will work out for you to go to Chicago and take part in the graduation ceremony.
And the honeymoon plans sound great, esp. the Outer Banks! Fun!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Q Schroe said...

How exciting! That's the date I fly back too, so I'll be sure to send some congratulation thoughts out from over the Atlantic.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home